"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

tradition

where there is silence, and where there is sound, and all of the moments in between-
that is where you can find me.

I'm bouncing into change like its 1993

He's wearing new cologne and I'm hanging up shelves
were a matching pair him and I
him and I, were a matching pair

Every day is something new, and I'm past the point of ready to find it.
I put on my anthems and I put rubber to road.
starting early on my "resolutions"
change has begun

It would be nice to think that the friends we keep
are the friends that keep us back
unfortunately
for you and for me
people are people are people are WACK

last spring changed my timeline once again
and that season -as do all seasons-
fluttered in like a lion and out like a lamb

I've based my whole new being off of that very altering experience
learned who I am, who I'm willing to be, and who I simply AM NOT

I am NOT your fall out girl
i AM not your friend
I am not your diary
I AM NOT your beginning or your END

I REFUSE to be strings on your fiddle that you play
without naming names

I am ME, I am WORTHY, I am WORTH IT

I will never forget
I am already moving on- you just don't know it yet-

He's my best guy friend
She's my best girl friend

I fit snug between the people who love me and my meter beeps every time you walk into the room.
Please don't make me beg for separation
I'm gonna do me, and you need to do you.

Admit the things that you have done have brought change that you cannot unravel.
I saw truth last spring-
when you experience truth, you open your suit case-
take out the nonsense
and fill up with the elements around you.

Twenty thirteen, I embrace you with open arms.

I'm ready for new traditions...

No comments:

Post a Comment