"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Saturday, September 11, 2010

My groupon extravaganza

So for any of you who don't know what Groupon is, it is a WONDERFUL site that gives you random daily deals. Every day it is something new, some of them you will like, some of them you won't. If you do like them than you can purchase.

http://www.groupon.com/minneapolis-stpaul/

This one is clearly for the Minneapolis, St. Paul area, but if you arent in that, search for yours. It is Free to sign up for and I have purchased 2 so far.

My first one I purchased back in May, and it was  $20.00 for a week of unlimited "spa" services at planet beach. My second one I purchased last month for Gap- pay $25.00 for $50.00 worth of merch.

I decided to cash in on these this weekend. Yesterday I went to planet beach and started my week long extravaganza. I really was excited hearing about all of their spa like things, but mainly I was pumped to do the mystic tan. This is the palest I have ever been at this time in the season, I really didn't lay out much this summer, and I quit the whole tanning fad well over a year ago. No one wants skin cancer. So I went in to the salon and they set me up for my first day with the hydration station:


which I actually enjoyed for the most part. It is supposed to ex foliate your skin and what not. They only allow it twice with the groupon deal and you have to spread it out 3-4 days, otherwise it will start to take away your bodies natural oils. The only hard things about it was that it was 20 min, I got a little add/claustrophobic laying in that deal for that long. All in all though, I did enjoy it.

Next they had me do my "facial." THAT WAS A JOKE.

  
This thing sits and semi mists at your face for 15 minuets, I felt like I was eating chemicals, and I didn't feel like it did a single thing for my face. PLUS they signed me up to do it and than made me pay and additional $7 something to cover the "mist" stuff they put into it. Definitely will NOT be doing that one again. I also felt like I was at the dentist the whole time..It smelt like it, and it was aimed right at my mouth. YUCK

Than I went ahead and layed in one of their tanning beds. They told me to wait until my next hydration deal to do the mystic or it will come right off.. SO I figure even though I don't like beds, I already payed the $, I mine as well use it up!


Than finally the joke of a massage bed was last.




You lay on this big purple bed, put the head phones on and expect a nice massage. What you get it kind of the opposite. This bed for 20 minuets just pressures hot water up and down your back. There really was nothing relaxing about it for me. I would NEVER pay $ to have a machine give me a massage. I would much rather throw down $45 and head to Aveda for and hour long massage with an actual person. DUMB

Anyway...That really concludes my experience there. I have like 5 day's left, I'll just use them to tan and get my last hydro/mystic out of it. Glad I tried them though, because now I know I HATE THEM!


On to my Gap purchases. I bought two pairs of jeans there today. They are both pretty basic, but they were on sale for $35 each. I got a dark wash Skinny, and a light wash Skinny.




And scary enough, I purchased them both in a size FOUR with the promise that they will stretch. HMMMM! :)

All in all, because I payed $25 for the groupon, plus $20 dollars today, I spent a whopping $45 on 2 pairs of jeans. I think that's a pretty great deal. :)


That concludes my weekends groupon endeavor's. 


Two more things I would like to share with you not affiliated with groupon is on the topic of lipstick.

I purchased two this weekend. One I am in love with, and the other I talked my way into returning.

Maybelline's nearly there 205. I LOVE IT. Cost me $5.00 and it is a wonderful lipstick. I feel it's the perfect fall color, and it's not super dry or clumpy. 

The second one is targets line of NP SET:




I purchased it in Nude. It was $15.00. The color literally looked clear with a hint of sparkle in it. Yes it was super moisturizing but If I want a look like that, I'll go a head and buy a coco butter chapstick NOT for $15.00. 

Anyway, that is enough on retail for today. Hope you are all enjoying your weekends, and this beautiful weather!


Ciao-

No comments:

Post a Comment